Monday, January 31, 2011

Learning Profile


Today, our humanities class are tested with Mr. Whiting about what kind of learner we are. Every people have one pair of brains which work differently -gestalt and logic. Mostly, gestalt people are more musical, artistic or active. However, that doesn't mean that logic people are not musical, artistic or active, but they're are more logical on them. There are many profiles between logic and gestalt and mine is L, which thought to be the Einstein profile. People who got profile L have good balance of art and music skills. Also, they will benefit from sitting where the place quite and can focus on one thing when they are not disturbed by others. In addition, it is interesting to learn about myself by using what kind of learner I am.

As a profile L learner, I can learn best myself in many different ways. Firstly, I learn best when I viewing any big visualizations by focusing on that pictures. In addition, I learn best through movements like dancing or sports. Also, I can learn much easier when I concentrate on one thing, but it only works unless no one disturbs me. Therefore, I need a quite and peaceful place to work alone, expecially when I combine new ideas in my brain. However, when I am in understressed, I cannot access my dominant hemispere with sensory enter, which means most of my work cannot be done when I am stressed. On the other hand, when relaxed I can more easily access gestalt integration than the others. Thus, when I'm relaxed, I may see, hear and communicate the details of information easily. As a result, to learn my best, I should be relaxed to myself, see a lot of pictures which can understand me more simply and need to see many movements.

After learning what my learner profile is, I now realized a lot of my characteristics of me and my profile. First, I need to move while processing inside of mind with less external sensory. As I have some difficulty having communication and start having hard times express in different language-English when I am understressed. To avoid these problems, I must try myself to be relaxed and comfort, so that I can communicate better with other people. In contrast, when I am totally relaxed, everything goes good, and especially movements tend to be fluid and entertaining. On the other hand, I realized that I prefer not to follow step-by-step instructions. Mostly, I start something by imagining the end results and then intuitively doing when seem appropriate. I think it is interesting to know what my characteristics are.


There are some strategies that can help my life to succeed. My first goal to succed is to be more comfortable on myself. To solve this problem, I can play some activities like, writing, drawing with the non-dominant hand, walking, dancing and much more. I also want to be more focused on one thing. Therefore, I can do Brain Gym and blinking while tracking with the eyes which makes my brain fresh and more concentrated on one thing. In addition, some more strategies that would help in my learning is to sit where I can process internally and move without disturbing others. Also, the balance of art, music and movement skills will be highly beneficial to my life to succeed, because as a gestalt learner, I am better at these moving activities.


Through this test I learned a lot of facts about myself and the characters of me. However, I some information about me that teacher should know too! I would like my teacher to know that I work better when I am relaxed. Also, I can easily communicate with others in details when I am comfortable with them. In addition, my profile is at great disadvantage under stress. So, I appreciates metaphoes, examples and associations when problem solving. I really hope that teachers learned about me well.


To sum up, in these days, I really wanted to know about me. But my curiousities are now gone through the dominace factor. I thank a lot to Mr. Whiting to let me know what my characteristics are. Next time, when I am understressed, I am going to try my best to e relaxed myself to work on my projects well. Also, I will do some activities to let my brains go fresh. I feel good now that I know my own characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment